- me: Jeremy! How do I run a migration on guerrero? and what is the password for sms.odeo.com and staging-sms.odeo.com?
- on mission rake deploy
- make sure the database.yaml_staging is pointed at brannan
- oh, and su - oadmin
- me: i'm getting an application error there, and not sure why.
- Jeremy: after scrum?
- me: can i get access to the logs on guerrerro?
- Jeremy: or now?
- me: yeah
- Jeremy: which?
- me: anytime
- Jeremy: ok now
- Jeremy: you have sudo on guerrero now
- the rails log is in /var/log/user.log
- apache logs to /var/log/apache2/access.log (and error log)
- me: could you reset my password? it doesn't seem to be working
- Jeremy: this will be changing, as apache will be logging everything to syslog, and all logs will end up in the /var/log/remote/$HOST directory on valencia starting tomorrow or friday at the lasted
- me: thanks!
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 9 notes.
- me: biz! i like the new look
- Biz: yeah?
- me: yeah, i'm changing it now.
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 24 notes.
- me: your whole tiwitter is green!
- did you set the <style>?
- Biz: yah, i put a bkg color in my update
- me: nice.
- i put a span tag in mine.
- so it should just be that status entry that's green.
- Biz: i used a font tag on my latest deal
- but my twitter page is wacked causa the old one
- : P
- me: yeah, we'll have to minimize that.
- maybe you can set another background to change it back?
- Biz: is it on the front page for you now?
- me: just says happy st. patricks day
- Biz: and that's making the whole page green?
- its not on firefox
- I'll change it
- me: not for me. only when i go to your page.
- click on biz, that is.
- Biz: oh right, yah
- its the one that says" Biz: listening to the pixies live from dublin"
- that's doing it
- me: the background?
- Biz: yah
- me: want me to change it?
- Biz: sure
- me: this is why we need that strikethrouh. maybe it cancels out all styling as well.
- Biz: that'd be good
- me: oh, you put a body tag in there.
- we should disallow that.
- Biz: yah
- me: how about that
- Biz: good its white again
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 16 notes.
- Biz: my update button won't work anymore
- me: how about now?
- Biz: still won't work
- is it cause i tried to embed video?
- me: weird. could be.
- it just does nothing?
- Biz: oh man. I broke my twitter!
- plus, the video won't play
- me: i'll try to delete that message.
- Biz: nice!
- you fixed it
- me: let's play with that.
- maybe it was missing an ending tag
- Biz: i copied and pasted from google video
- me: hrm
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 18 notes.
- csshsh: oh! by the way.. that statuses_including_friends thing with a time range works:
- users(: jack).statuses_including_friends(10.hours.ago, 7.hours.ago)
- me: nice!
- csshsh: we can remove this:
- user can choose to receive status change notifications via Email for followed users
- since we will do sms right away?
- me: yeah! all the email stuff
- csshsh: cool! looks like we are doing good timing wise
- me: yeah! on track
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 8 notes.
- me: we're going to work with jeremy to deploy tomorrow. but we have a good start. people are using it. it's on my machine, but broken currently. our current progress is on the trac wiki.
- tonystubblebine: great
- me: still waiting on the sms integration. i'll do that next week when florian is out of the loop.
- tonystubblebine: are you going to want a companion next week?
- me: i don't think i'll need one, but if anyone has free cycles they want to spare, that would be great. we'll have most of the rails stuff in place though.
- tonystubblebine: what are the hurdles on the sms side?
- me: just getting the random temp short code from simplewire. then being able to get something listening at sms.odeo.com/post to the xhtml that comes over. we have the ruby libraries in place and ready to go for both sending and receiving.
- tonystubblebine: what's the hold up on the random temp short code?
- me: uh, seems to be the application process. noah is handling that. i'll have to check the current status with him.
- tonystubblebine: ok, thanks
- i have to steal florian for a bit tomorrow
- me: cool
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 17 notes.
- me: we have following working now on my machine
- Biz: sweet!
- will your deal work for me now?
- me: should. just don't hit the help link
- worked for ev this morning
- Biz: nice!
- works great!
- me: cool. yeah, add ev's phone number and you should see his stuff
- we're working on stats now.
- Biz: sweet!
- me: and fixing this up: http://jacks.local.:3000/status/
- Biz: ev needs to update his status!
- oh wait
- i think I added evs number wrong or something
- no that's correct
- me: did it work?
- should say ev.
- maybe not us a 1
- Biz: now there is "ev" and another person named "14158459000"
- me: huh. will look into that.
- Biz: ev is in my random person section thoguh
- me: yeah, put his number in without the 1, that should fix it..
- Biz: ah
- can't delete friends
- me: yeah, just remembered we need to do that.
- Biz: that werked
- me: i'll add it to the wiki.
- the protect thing should work too. keep you out of global
- Biz: is protect working different than we orignially thought?
- we had two modes
- gonna fiddle around
- me: no. just the secret word mode is not working yet. the deal was to make it look like the sharing stuff on itunes
- you can protect, and you can further protect with a password, if you enter it.
- just more concise instead of 2 checkboxes
- Biz: so "protect my updates" means you are not global and only folks who know your number can follow you
- and the secret word is extra protection
- that was the plan right?
- me: yeah, that's it.
- Biz: cool, the colon after "protect my udpates:" threw me
- made it seem different
- me: oh yeah, need to clean that up with css and the extra text eventually.
- Biz: who else is on here
- whats florians number
- dude i just starred florian
- me: 4152999000
- Biz: neat
- me: we probably shouldn't be able to star globals yet, have to work on that.
- Biz: yah
- also, i didn't get florian from that number
- got a number like before
- should I use the 1 this time?
- don't worry about it
- its coolz
- me: he used 12345
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 35 notes.
- Jeremy: hey, which server are we going to have respond to http://sms.odeo.com/post ???
- me: uh, any that are easy to put something on. i'm not sure yet. suggestions?
- Jeremy: is something rails?
- me: yes. though, it could just be a python or perl script if need be.
- but rails ideally.
- Jeremy: ok, it points to guerrero now
- me: nice! thanks
- Jeremy: we'll have to setup some svn and rails / vhost stuff
- me: cool. i think we'll be ready to start on that in the next day or two
- Jeremy: ok
This was posted 3 years ago. It has 6 notes.